How do I lock shipping addresses?
After you lock orders, charge your backers for any additional items and fees, and are ready to start shipping items, you can lock address information to prevent backers from making further changes to their shipping backers. You can lock address information for all your backers at once or for a smaller subset of backers.
Lock all addresses at the same time
To lock addresses for all backers at the same time:
- On the menu on the left, click Lock Addresses
- Select between the two options:
- Lock Addresses with final notice will send emails notifying backers that this is their last chance to change addresses. After 48 hours, addresses will automatically be locked.
- Lock Addresses now will lock addresses immediately without notifying backers.
Lock addresses for specific groups of backers
If you want to ship items in smaller batches, you can lock addresses for a smaller group of backers.
To lock addresses for specific groups of backers:
- On the menu on the left, click Segments.
- Select the segment you to lock addresses for.
- Click the Order Actions tab.
- Click Send Final Reminder Email so your backers can check their shipping information before you begin fulfillment.
- After you provided enough time for backers to make changes, return to the segment and click Lock Addresses.