How do I finalize shipping addresses?
After you charge your backers for any additional items and fees, locked down their survey, and are ready to start shipping items, you can request finalized address information from your backers. Once a backer’s address is finalized, their order is ready to ship. You can request final address information from all your backers at once or from smaller groups of backers.
Finalize all addresses at the same time
To finalize addresses for all backers at the same time:
- On the menu on the left, click Fulfillment Guide.
- On the left, click the Send a Final Reminder Email tab.
- Click Send reminder email to <number> Backers so they can finalize their shipping information before you begin fulfillment. The button shows the number of backers who receive the notice.
- After 48 or more hours return to the Fulfillment Guide and on the left click Finalize Addresses.
- Click Finalize Addresses for <number> Backers. The button shows the number of backers who will have their addresses finalized.
Finalize addresses for specific groups of backers
If you want to ship items in smaller batches, rather than gathering final address information from all of your backers at once, you can gather the information from smaller groups of backers.
To finalize addresses for specific groups of backers:
- On the menu on the left, click Segments.
- Select the segment you to finalize addresses for.
- Click the Order Actions tab.
- Click Send Send Final Reminder Email so your backers can finalize their shipping information before you begin fulfillment.
- After you provided enough time for backers to make changes, return to the segment and click Lock Addresses.