How do I gather additional information from my backers?
You may want to ask your backers for additional information or ask marketing questions to help with your next campaign. These open-ended questions are known as free-form questions.
You can create free-form survey questions to gather detailed answers from your backers or understand who your backers are and what they love about your items. The following are example questions you may ask:
- What name do you want to appear in the movie credits?
- What is your Twitter handle?
- How did you hear about our campaign?
- What types of products do you want to see in the future?
To create a free-form question:
- On the menu on the left, click Pledge Questions.
- In the top right corner, click Add Pledge Question.
- In the Question Text box, enter the text of the question.
- Under Answer Choices > Question style, choose Free-form.
- If you want to include additional text to help your backers answer the question, enter it in the Answer prompt box.
Note: The answer prompt is optional.
- Under Who sees this question, select the backers who should answer this question.
- Click Save Pledge Question.