Can I hide items from the survey?
When setting up your items with the Item Generator, you may generate item combinations you don’t want to offer to your backers. Perhaps you offered an item as an add-on but you can’t take any more orders, so you now want to remove the item from your survey. With BackerKit you can remove item options during set up, hide items at any time while your survey is open.
Excluding items during set up
When setting up your items in the Item Generator, you may not want to offer certain combinations of items. For example, you may not want to offer your t-shirt in a specific size and color combination. To make sure your backers can’t pick that combination, you can exclude the item so it’s not available:
- In the Item Generator, set up your item. If you aren’t sure how to set up your items, see Set up items in BackerKit in the Getting Started Guide.
- After setting up all the options for your item, review the unique items generated.
- To remove items you aren’t offering, check the exclude check box next to the combination not offered.
Hiding items from your survey
After you set up your items in the Item Generator, you may decide that you don’t want to offer an item or item combination to your backers. Perhaps you’re getting more orders than you expected and you want to remove the item from your survey.
To remove an item from a pledge level:
- On the menu on the left, click Pledge Questions.
- Find the pledge question where the item is offered and click the edit link.
- In the Answers list find the item combination you no longer want to offer.
- Under Details, check the Hide checkbox.
To remove an add-on item:
- On the menu on the left, click Add-ons.
- Find the item in the list and click the edit link.
- In the List of variants find the item combination you no longer want to offer.
- Under Price, check the Hide check box.