What should I know about importing my project to BackerKit?
Importing your backers from your crowdfunding campaign is the first step in selling add-on items and shipping your backers their items. Choose your crowdfunding platform below for information to note before importing:
- Backer information is imported to BackerKit only after your campaign ends, including backers with failed payments. If you import your project while your campaign is live, only your pledge levels are imported.
- If you set shipping fees for your pledge levels on Kickstarter, those fees are imported to BackerKit.
- If you import your project while your campaign is live, only your pledge levels are imported. You must import your backers (known as ‘contributors’ on Indiegogo) after your campaign ends.
- If you have backers that pledged for multiple pledge levels with the same email address, they can switch pledge levels in BackerKit. When the backer is sent their BackerKit survey, they’ll see a list of all their pledges (known as ‘contributions’ on Indiegogo). If you want to consolidate a backer’s multiple pledges into one pledge, please contact us to see if this is possible.
- If you set shipping fees for your contribution levels on Indiegogo, those fees are imported to BackerKit.
- Backers are imported into BackerKit 11 days after they contribute on Indiegogo InDemand. Indiegogo has a ten-day refund policy for pledges. For more information, see the Indiegogo help article about refunds.
- Set up your pledge levels before importing your backers. You can’t send surveys to your contributors until you set up the associated pledges levels. After setting up your pledge levels, be sure to turn on the Send Survey option.
- Surveys are sent to your newly imported backers automatically within 24 hours if their pledge levels are already set up in BackerKit.
- BackerKit charges you for newly imported backers. New orders are charged according to your payment plan on a monthly basis
- You must set up BackerKit support as a team member with full editing rights in Indiegogo InDemand. For more information, see How do I add BackerKit support as a team member in Indiegogo InDemand?